Nuffnang

Saturday, August 13, 2011

the time of the year...

... is here again. for those who are not well verse in Chinese culture, it's the Hungry Ghost Festival. The Chinese believe that the hell gate opens for the whole month of 7th Lunar Month and the ghost will come wondering on earth seeking food. And somehow, on the 14th night is the time the Ghosts are the most ferocious. dun ask me why. i dont know. all i know is, since young, every year, my bro and i will be forced to help my mom fold gold ingots and "cloths" and what nots at least a month before the actual festival... alot of it.... u see other people fold like maybe a bagful of it, but my mom is a super kiasu one. she will fold at least 5 bagfuls. not any bags, ok?? gunny sacks!! and come the actual festival, our house will have a huge pile of offerings to burn. when i say huge, i mean huge...maybe 2 cars length. my jiujiu (my mom's youngest bro) once came over to help. instead of helping to pour the offerings on the ground from the gunny sack, he was helping by holding the hose and prepare to put out the fire should our house catch fire =.="

my mom also told us, if we see the ashes spiraling upwards, it means that the ghost got the offerings. what do i think? i take the story with a pinch of salt :D

anyways, went out to meet linda they all for quick dinner coz we didnt wanna stay out too late. on the way back, i saw a car went turtle on a straight road. i dismissed it as : it rained just now, the road was slippery, tho i cant fathom how did that happen. so i drove home slowly. i dont want anything untowards happen to me now, do i? :D

so as usual, i needed to make a u-turn to go to my apartment. before i u-turn, i saw a group of people burning offerings outside the fence of my apartment. and i figure i wanna go kaypoh and pray a little. after i parked my car, supposingly in front of the group of people, i was curious, how come i cannot see any fire burning one? so i walked to the fence and look everywhere...........

....
...
..
...
...
...
...
...
...
.......
.....
.......

THERE WERE NOBODY THERE!!!!! NO FIRE!! NO ASHES!!! NO REMNANTS OF ANY OFFERINGS!!!!! NOTHING!!!!! WTFCCBBBQSAUCEKNNTNSKNS!!!!! I BLOODY SAW BLOODY ONE BIG GROUP OF THINGS!!!!!

ya la, i can sound so angry now... but i was fucking freaked out just now. i ran up to my apartment, turn on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING LIGHTS in the house and called my mom. really really freaking out. she was damn calm and nonchalant like it's norm. she just told me it's nothing. like wtf??? seeing ghosts is nothing??? ya la... actually quite nothing la, since i was not harm.... BUT STILL??????? IT'S SO NOT FUCKING FUNNY LOR!!!!

i truly hate this time of the year!!!grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment