Nuffnang

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Dad's driving

My dad's cousins from Chiangmai & Penang came visiting the past 2 days. Wished they can stay longer coz Uncle Nam told me so many of the fun road trips memories he had with my dad and another uncle (FC) who passed away.

He told me how my dad decided to take 1 week break and took a bus to KL to meet the other uncle (FC) and they took a bus up to Penang to meet Uncle Nam and stayed 2 nights there. Then drove to Thailand and Laos. Uncle Nam told me my dad is a speed devil🤣 There was a night when my dad was driving and both uncle Nam and uncle FC were sleeping, my dad stepped on the accelerator all the way and he was driving 130mph. Uncle Nam woke up coz he felt the car shaking and panicked and asked my dad to slow down... hahaha

that sound just about right. My dad is a speed devil when he is on the highway and a snail when he is in Kluang. hahaha. Whenever I come back kluang last time and if my dad drove, I will have to say "pa, drive faster a bit let....." which will trigger him to a tirade of speeding kills and that there are a lot of stray animals in kampung / small town. then me being me, backside itchy, will always argue back that slow driving also kills - the time 😝

Anyways, my dad is a good driver la. And I am very proud that he taught me driving and nagged at me all the time when I was driving last time. Coz his naggings works lehh.... I am quite proud of my driving skill to be honest. hahaha

And hor, I think I inherited my dad's passion for road trips. Coz I love love love going on road trips. but currently with the condition of my current car, I dare not make any long distance road trips coz the car is 11yrs old. haha.

Good news is, I just paid a booking fee for a new car today. 🥳🎉 hopefully everything will be ok soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment